Pages

Subscribe:

Main Menu

Hollywood Crush: Emma Watson On 'Perks' And Pixie Cuts

Hollywood Crush
Just another WordPress site
Emma Watson On 'Perks' And Pixie Cuts
Sep 4th 2012, 17:06

Emma Watson has gone from Hogwarts student to all-out style icon since we all said avada kedavra to the "Harry Potter" franchise last summer—and though it seemed up in the air at first whether the artist formerly known as Hermione would keep up her acting career, it looks like she's officially committed to keeping herself on the Hollywood radar... starting with next month's cover of Glamour! Emma is sporting a sleek bob and a Mona Lisa smile on the front of the magazine, where she's appearing to promote her upcoming role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." And inside, she's opening up about her future plans, her current haircut and her prickly past issues with keeping things private.

But first, about that hair: We loved Emma's daring pixie cut, and it's nice to hear that we're not the only ones! Turns out, the actress is also sad not to have her short hair anymore, and not just 'cause of the awkwardness of growing it out.

"I have to [have longer hair] for roles," she explained. "But if I had it my way, I would have just kept it short forever. Of course, men like long hair. There's no two ways about it. The majority of the boys around me were like, 'Why did you do that? That's such an error.' And I was like, 'Well, honestly, I don't really care what you think!' I've never felt so confident as I did with short hair—I felt really good in my own skin."

Of course, Emma could always take a cue from Michelle Williams and make a cute crop the turning point of her signature style...but hey, there's plenty of time for that. Especially since her role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" has (yaaay!) officially decided her in favor of keeping up with the acting.

"Making this movie was so pivotal for me because I realized I do really want to be an actress, which wasn't something I fully knew, since 'Harry Potter' was such a singular experience," she said. "Obviously I'm nervous to see what other people think, but it kind of doesn't matter to me. It's so cheesy to say this, but it's the journey, not the end goal, that's important."

Well said. And considering how much we lurve Emma around here, we're psyched to be along for the ride.

What do you think about Emma's cover look? Are you planning to see "Perks"? Tell us in the comments and on Twitter!

Media files:
emmaglamourinside.jpg (image/jpeg)
emmaglamourcover.jpg (image/jpeg)
emmaglamourcover-70x53.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment