Pages

Subscribe:

Main Menu

Hollywood Crush: Nina Dobrev: 'Starving To Be Skinny Isn't My Thing'

Hollywood Crush
Just another WordPress site
Nina Dobrev: 'Starving To Be Skinny Isn't My Thing'
Oct 17th 2012, 16:26

Nina DobrevIf there's one thing we learned about "Vampire Diaries" star Nina Dobrev from reading her just-released cover story in November's Self magazine, it's that girl leads a surprisingly balanced life. Between shooting her hit CW series, fostering a burgeoning film career and getting in snuggle time with co-star sweetheart Ian Somerhalder, Nina manages to keep her body—and mind—sound. Her secret?

"I want to keep growing, so I make vision boards that say things like, 'Learn. Excel. Succeed,'" Nina told the magazine. "Using my imagination, spelling out what I want to achieve and creating a reminder of those things helps me move forward."

Of course, all that success doesn't come without a hard work too, which includes fostering a physique fit for her long and often demanding hours spent in Mystic Falls.

"Exercising gives me endorphins and energy. I do it four days a week," she explained. "I Spin with Candice Accola and Claire Holt from the show. Running is my solo time; working my muscles outside in fresh air is therapeutic." And Nina's sure to fuel properly for her sweat sessions. "Starving to be skinny isn't my thing. When I don't eat, it affects my mood! On-set, I fuel up with small meals and I'm always grabbing high-protein snacks, like almonds. Chai lattes with espresso also keep me going."

For body and brain befits, the 23-year-old also turns to yoga.

"It tones everything and leans you out," she said. "Dancer's pose is amazing. It works every muscle! And you have to focus. If your mind is somewhere else, you'll fall."

And though Nina's a self-described "health nut" and eats organic, she readily admits to having a sweet tooth: "I indulge in dessert, probably more than I should. I just got an ice cream maker, and I've been making coconut-milk ice cream topped with shredded coconut. So yummy!"

Nina, the next time you're whipping up a batch of that coconut-milk ice cream, drop Hollywood Crush a line, okay?

What do you think of Nina's approach to health and fitness?

Media files:
ninasplit.jpg (image/jpeg)
ninaself.jpg (image/jpeg)
ninaself-70x53.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment