Pages

Subscribe:

Main Menu

Hollywood Crush: Saoirse Ronan Talks About Talking To Herself On 'The Host' Set

Hollywood Crush
Just another WordPress site
Saoirse Ronan Talks About Talking To Herself On 'The Host' Set
Aug 7th 2012, 17:11

Because we know how anxious you are to get any and all inside scoop from behind the scenes of "The Host," the new sci-fi romance adaptation of a book by Stephenie Meyer, MTV News sent our own Josh Horowitz into the middle of the godforsaken desert to talk to the actors right there on set. (See? We do care!) And no interview was more anticipated than a chat with star Saoirse Ronan, who took a break from playing the dual roles of Melanie, human girl, and Wanderer ("Wanda"), alien parasite, to talk about...playing the dual roles of human girl and alien parasite. Which is great! Because we've been really wondering, specifically, just how that actually works.

[ video unavailable on this device ]

"During the rehearsal process...[director] Andrew [Niccol] and I just went into the studio for a day and recorded all of Melanie's video dialogue," Saoirse said, explaining that her human character will be seen in flashbacks throughout the movie. "I just got to play Melanie and get used to being her, and we did that near the start of the shoot, so I had that in my head."

Which meant that when it came time to play the role of Wanda, Saoirse's experience was not unlike that of her character—complete with the echoing voice of her human alter-ego speaking in her ear.

"They have the recordings, and I wear an earwig whenever there's a scene between Wanda and Melanie, and I talk to myself," she explained. "I listen to my own voice, for hours and hours on end, and I talk to myself. And it's surprisingly easy to do! It's amazing, it's just like a voice in your head."

And how's Saoirse's working relationship with...herself? She'll be the first to tell you: "I'm a horrible person to work with. I hate working with me. I'm a diva, I'm very demanding, and I'm a squinter."

And if you want to know what that's all about, you're going to have to watch the rest of the video; we're too busy looping back to watch that last line on repeat because we like the way Saoirse pronounces the word "squinter" so much.

"The Host" hits theaters March 29, 2013.

Are you looking forward to watching Saoirse talk to herself in "The Host"?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment