Pages

Subscribe:

Main Menu

Hollywood Crush: Nina Dobrev Auditioned For 'Perks Of Being A Wallflower' Via Skype

Hollywood Crush
Just another WordPress site
Nina Dobrev Auditioned For 'Perks Of Being A Wallflower' Via Skype
Sep 13th 2012, 21:06

As circa-1995 Alanis Morissette would hiss, isn't it ironic that Nina Dobrev auditioned for the big-screen adaptation of Stephen Chbosky's "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" via Skype, considering the technology wasn't a thing in the early '90s (the time period in which the novel is set)? I mean, don't you think?

Well, it was all part of a journey "The Vampire Diaries" star took to land the role of Charlie's sister Candace—despite a geographic challenge or two.

"I think I was one of the last pieces, probably not the last piece," Nina told MTV News' Josh Horowitz during the Toronto International Film Festival. "But I was in Atlanta filming, and I really loved the script, and I really wanted to be a part of it, but I couldn't get to where Stephen was, so we Skyped my audition. I was in between takes, and I kind of had to be like, 'Guys, I'm going to go to the bathroom. I just have to pee for five minutes.' And then I went and Skyped and auditioned and there was a moment definitely a moment that we both knew this was a right fit and it worked."

Nina, and the rest of the cast including Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, had the added bonus of working directly with author Stephen, who also penned the screenplay and directed the film—a rare opportunity for any actor, and an especially welcomed one for Nina, whose character isn't entirely fleshed out in the source material.

"A lot of books have been adapted into screenplays and movies, and it's always a treat when you get to talk to the novelist," Nina said. "But it was the best dessert I've ever had being able to not only talk to him but work with him and have him there every day. We had a lunch, and he just said, 'Ask my anything'... For an actor, it was the greatest thing. The more information, the more layered you can make the characters."

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" hits theaters September 21.

Are you looking forward to Nina's performance in "Perks"? Tell us in the comments and on Twitter!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment